5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoApril 15th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Morning Show
Five things you need to know before you go.
5. Did you see the moon overnight? At one point, it was blood red, the Blood Moon, is part of the total lunar eclipse. If you missed it, you’ll have three more chances to catch it again within the next year.
4. Internet giant Google is buying Moriarty’s Titan Aerospace, a solar-powered drone manufacturer. Google wants to use the drones to help take the Internet into remote parts of the world. Right now about 30 people work for Titan, but that’s expected to grow to a couple of hundred.
3. A disturbing case of child abuse in Albuquerque. Ashley Montano is in jail this morning. Investigators say she beat her boyfriend’s two-year-old daughter so badly, the toddler’s brain was bleeding and she had to be rushed to emergency surgery. Police say Montano told them she did it because the child was having a temper tantrum.
2. It’s April 15th, income tax day. Don’t forget, you have until Midnight tonight to file your taxes or an extensions. The main post off in Albuquerque on Broadway near Lomas is open until 7 pm. There are plenty of tax day deals and freebies out there, to get a list check here on KRQE.com.
1. Bundle up, we’re getting a chilly start to the day but it’ll warm up to be sunny with a high near 72 and a light wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 mph this morning. Tonight, it’ll be partly cloudy with a low around 40 and a south wind 5 to 10 mph .