5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoApril 14th, 2014 at 5:18 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Morning Show
Five things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. Today’s big national headline, three people were murdered at Jewish centers near Kansas City. Investigators say a white supremacist and former Ku Klux Klan leader, Frazier Glenn Cross killed a grandfather and grandson at a Jewish Community Center Sunday, then a woman at a Jewish retirement home.
4. One of the most popular stories on KRQE.com, UFC champ Jon “bones” Jones has his exotic cat back home this morning, and the man who helped find the missing feline has a nice reward. The cat, Mufasa was returned to Jones Friday after Kyle Dropinski heard the story started looking for Mufasa. He found him in a tree and Animal Control officers helped get Mufasa down. Jones then forked over the $1500 reward.
3. Dozens of people turned out Sunday to remember James Boyd, four weeks to the day after he was shot by Albuquerque Police. The confrontation started after residents complained Boyd, was camping illegally in the foothills. Boyd died as a result of his injuries. At a Sunday funeral services for the homeless man with mental issues, those who knew Boyd remembered him as a generous and kind man who was often misunderstood.
2. Cleanup begins this morning at Zia Elementary School in northeast Albuquerque after a fire in the cafeteria yesterday. Albuquerque firefighters are getting a lot of praise for knocking this fire down quickly in some wicked winds. No word on what started the fire, but neighbors say a couple of kids were playing on the roof of the school earlier today. This doesn’t effect students today because this week is Spring break for APS.
1. Expect a cooler day indoor day for kids on Spring break. It’ll be sunny but the high is projected at 57, with an east wind of 10 to 15 mph which will become variable in the afternoon. Tonight, it’ll be mostly clear, with a low around 31, and a north wind around 5 mph becoming calm.