5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoApril 7th, 2014 at 5:27 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. Santa Fe’s popular Tecolote Café will soon be moving out of its location on Cerrillos Road. The owners could not agree on a new lease with the landlord and they have to be out by the end of the month. They’re looking for a new building for the eatery, which means some restaurant employees could be out of work until the restaurant relocates.
4. One of the most popular stories trending on KRQE.com, Albuquerque’s Holly Holm is waking up with a badly broken arm, she got during her fight with Julia Werner this weekend. Holm knocked Warner out and won the fight. It’s unclear how long the injury will keep Holm from fighting.
3. It’ll be a sunny day with a high near 66 and a north wind of 10 to 20 mph. Tonight, mostly clear skies with a low around 37 and a north wind of 10 to 15 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight.
2. Dolores Gonzales Elementary School in Albuquerque is open to students this morning after getting a good scrub down this weekend. The school sent home a letter to parents last week saying at least 10 students missed class because of a stomach bug. So, workers disinfected the entire school this weekend.
1. Albuquerque’s City Council meeting tonight is expected to be packed with as many as a thousand people, to talk about the most recent deadly police shootings. The City will have extra police in attendance to ensure the public safety. If you want to speak sign up between 4 and 6pm. The meeting starts at five, and there’s a two minute time limit per speaker.