5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoApril 2nd, 2014 at 6:00 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. Later today we could learn more about a shooting involving a U.S. Marshal in Albuquerque yesterday. The Marshal Service isn’t talking about it, but Bernalillo County Sheriff’s deputies say shots were fired and the man marshals were after, was hit. He was rushed to the hospital for his injuries.
4. Have you seen this girl? An amber alert for her is still in effect this morning. She’s 14-year-old Lacey Dewitt. Albuquerque police say she could be with Robert Butler in a blue Subaru Cross Trek. Police say they may be heading to Florida.
3. Today will be mostly sunny with a high near 69. It will also be breezy with a southwest wind coming in at 5 to 15 mph increasing up to 25 mph in the afternoon. Gusts could also get as high as 35 mph. Then tonight, it’ll be partly cloudy with a low around 37. Winds could get as high as 35 mph.
2. A huge class action lawsuit against Albuquerque police is in the works. It deals with how officers handle people who are mentally ill. Attorney Joe Kennedy is talking with parents of mentally ill people and wants more officers to be better trained to arrest the mentall ill.
1. An event to remember a man fatally shot by police. People will gather in the foothills where officers shot and killed James Boyd last month. Groups plan to meet at the Copper Trailhead at 6:30 p.m.