5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoApril 1st, 2014 at 6:00 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. If you tried to sign up for health care on the government’s website before last night’s midnight deadline and experienced problems, you could be eligible for an extension. The White House says there was a software glitch, but in the end as many as seven million people may have enrolled this year.
4. Good news for Lobo basketball fans. Basketball Coach Craig Neal is not going to take a job at the University of South Florida,. Neal is staying here in Loboland. UNM is giving Neal a two-year extension, so his contract now continues through the 2019-2020 season
3. It’ll be a beautiful but windy day, mostly sunny, with a high near 73. Windy with a southwest wind 20 to 30 mph decreasing to 5 to 15 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 40mph. Tonight, it’ll be partly cloudy with a low around 40. A southwest wind 20 to 30 mph will decrease to 5 to 15 mph after midnight. Winds could gus as high as 40 mph.
2. An former police officer is threatening to file a wrongful death lawsuit against APD for killing James Boyd in the foothills two weeks ago. So far, the City’s been unable to locate Boy’s family, so a judge could appoint a representative for him. If that’s the case, any money awarded from the City could go to the State’s unclaimed property fund.
1. Albuquerque Mayor R.J. Berry, APD Chief Gorden Eden, and even Governor Susana Martinez all say APD showed a lot of restraint during Sunday’s protest. All three talked about it yesterday. You can see their full interviews on KRQE.com. However, others, including the American Civil Liberties Union says police made things worse by showing up in riot gear.