5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoMarch 31st, 2014 at 6:00 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. The deadline to enroll for Health Insurance this year is midnight tonight. If you do not sign up by then you will not be covered this year which will cost you either one percent of you annual income or $95 per person, whichever is higher.
4. Student, faculty and staff at UNM will have a little extra money in their pockets. On Friday, the Board of Regents rejects a one and a half percent tuition increase, but okayed a three percent pay raise for faculty, and a two percent pay hike for other staff.
3. It’ll be sunny today with a high near 67 and a west wind of 5 to 10 mph, tonight, it’ll be partly cloudy with a low around 39, and a southwest wind of 5 to 10 mph becoming south after midnight.
2. APD’s website is up and running again after being attacked Sunday. The Hactivist group called “anonymous” delivered on its promise of a cyber attack on the City of Albuquerque. The City’s IT staff detected some unusual activity on APD’s website Sunday morning, knocking it and the City’s website offline for hours. Last week, Anonymous posted a YouTube video linking viewers to a software site to download to harm the City’s websites.
1. Tear gas and riot gear were employed by Albuquerque Police Sunday after protesters converged on the APD Headquarters. The crowd of protesters grew and contracted during the 10 hour protest which culminated in offices releasing tear gas. The protest was prompted by the March 16th fatal shooting of James Boyd, a homeless man camping illegally in the foothills.