5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoMarch 25th, 2014 at 6:06 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things
5. Later today we could learn more answers about the missing Malaysia Airlines flight. Monday, Malaysia told passengers’ families the jet crashed in the Indian Ocean, and there were no survivors. A number of countries are now looking at satellite images that could show parts of the plane in the ocean, and the race is on to recover the black box flight recorder.
4. Someone is sabotaging tires in one Southwest Albuquerque neighborhood. A man who lives across the street from Alamosa Elementary School reports a lot of parents are getting flat tires, because someone is putting sharp hooks on the road. The neighbor speculates tire shops are behind the hooks, in order to drum up business.
3. There’s a chance for a storm today, it’ll be mostly sunny with a high near 71 and an east wind of 5 to 10 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Tonight, expect isolated showers and thunderstorms. It’ll be mostly cloudy with a low around 41, and a south wind of 5 to 15 mph and a 20% chance of precipitation.
2. Albuquerque’s Mayor and Chief of Police now agree, APD Chief Gorden Eden was premature in calling the fatal March 16th shooting of a man armed with knives camping illegally in the foothills “justified.”
1. The fallout continues over that APD shooting of the homeless mentally ill man named James Boyd. Negative comments about the helmet cam video of the shooting abound online where its been viewed 140,000 times. There’s a protest tonight at six pm in Albuquerque. Demonstrators will gather at 6pm at First Street and Central Avenue, and walk to APD Headquarters.