5 Things You Need to know Before You GoMarch 24th, 2014 at 5:27 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Morning Show
Five Things You Need to Know Before You Go
5. Small businesses beware! There’s a con artist who has already hit several businesses in four New Mexico counties by luring business owners in by promising grant money, then asking for social security numbers and personal information.
4. Bad employment news for the Duke City this morning. According to Albuquerque Business Firs, Albuquerque is one of the few cities to lose jobs last year. Just last week we reported the city lost more than 4100 jobs in 2013.
3. A beautiful day is on the way this Monday, with sunny skies and high near 69, and a northwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Tonight, it’ll be mostly clear with a low around 34, and a northwest wind of 5 to 10 mph becoming east after midnight.
2. Later today we expect to learn more about a police shooting in Los Lunas overnight. State Police say Los Lunas police spotted a car Belen police had chased earlier in the day in an apartment parking lot. Later a man and woman came with them, the man had a rifle, and State Police say he pointed it at the officers, who fired hitting the suspect a number of times. He’s now at UNM Hospital.
1. The graphic helmet-cam video of the APD shooting of a homeless man camping illegally in the foothills last weekend has gone viral on YouTube, and is generating a lot of negative comments about APD. On Friday, Chief Gordon Eden called the shooting “justified”. City Council President Ken Sanchez the shooting reflects badly on APD and is an impediment to its ability to recruit new officers. Sanchez is calling for a federal investigation into the shooting.