5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoMarch 14th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. In just a few hours, closing arguments should start in the latest civil trial involving Albuquerque’s police department. The family of Christopher Torres is suing, saying two officers should not have shot him in the back, in his backyard in 2011. We’ll have updates later today.
4. An important report coming out today on the WIPP and a truck that caught fire there recently. The report will say the truck was improperly maintained and operating without an automatic fire suppression system. It’ll detail a number of deficiencies in emergency training.
3. How about those Lobos? The guys beat Fresno state last night and take on Boise state tonight at 8:35 p.m. at the mountain west tournament in Vegas. If they win, they play in the championship game tomorrow.
2. It’s going to be a busy Saint Patrick’s Day weekend lots of parties will be going on around town now through Monday. Just a reminder, please celebrate responsibly. Police will have extra patrols and checkpoints all weekend.
1. Today you can expect scattered showers and thunderstorms. It will be cloudy with a high near 57 with light wind and a 40 percent chance of rain. Tonight you can expect isolated showers and thunderstorms before midnight. It’ll be mostly cloudy with a low around 37. Winds will be light and the chance of rain is 20 percent.