5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoMarch 13th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Avicra Luckey under 5 Things, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. This could be good news for workers who get paid salary, rather than hourly. Today President Obama is supposed to sign a bill that would force companies to pay them overtime. It’ll take effect next year.
4. The latest on a disastrous building explosion in New York: six people are dead, about two dozen injured and nine are still missing after a gas leak caused a big building to explode in Harlem yesterday. Searchers are now digging through the rubble trying to find those who are still missing.
3. The elementary school library named after a politician who was convicted of ripping off taxpayers is one step closer to changing. Last night an APS school board committee voted to change the name of Manny Aragon library at Lowell Elementary. A final vote could come next week.
2. It’s going to be a big weekend down at the WIPP site. Workers are set to go underground for the first time since a radiation leak on Valentine’s day. Their goal is to figure out exactly what caused the leak.
1. Today will be partly sunny with a high near 64. Wind will come from the east at 5 to 10 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Tonight you can expect isolated showers and thunderstorms. It will be mostly cloudy with a low around 39. Wind will come from the south from 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the evening. Change of precipitation is 30 percent.