5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoMarch 12th, 2014 at 6:00 am by Avicra Luckey under 5 Things, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. He’s online and incarcerated and his victims’ family is fed up with the fact that a convicted murderer has an active profile on Facebook. This is the third time the state corrections department has had this problem with Eric Snuff Aldaz. The mother of the Jarod Brackeen the young man Aldaz killed in Roswell in 2007 is fuming and wants the page taken down.
4. Active and retired members of the military should be keeping a close eye on Washington to see how the Pentagon, the President and Congress are going to handle budget cuts mandated by the sequester the cuts could impact both health benefits and food prices for military families.
3. For the first time since the radiation leak detected on Valentines Day, soil samples will be taken from the Waste Isolation Pilot Project (WIPP) site. Later this week, the department of energy plans to send a team underground to look for the source of the leak. For now WIPP remains closed. All 650 employees will be on the job.
2. Algin Mendez would still like to sit in the Roundhouse even though he has a restraining order out against him from an incumbent New Mexico lawmaker. Mendez is running for on the democratic ticket against an incumbent state representative. He’s been canned as a state cop quit as a sheriff’s deputy after a string of drunken-violent antics at a casino. He was a roundhouse security guard last year when state representative Debbie Rodella claimed threatened her and her family.
1. Today will be partly cloudy with a low around 33. It will also be breezy with an east wind around 25 mph with gusts as high as 35 mph. It’ll be mostly sunny with a high near 53. East winds will blow 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.