5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoMarch 11th, 2014 at 4:52 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things
5 Things You Need to Know Before You Go
5. Job seekers take your resume over to New Mexico Workforce Connection at 501 Mountain Road between 9am and 1pm today. Comcast has immediate openings for independent sales representatives in Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Las Cruces and Farmington.
4. Extra security should be visible around Albuquerque’s Inez Elementary School this morning. A student there claims someone tried to abduct him yesterday. The school sent a letter home to parents last night reporting yesterday’s incident.
3. The University of New Mexico is changing its requirements to get a Bachelor’s degree from 128 credit hours to 120. The move brings New Mexico’s flagship university in line with other colleges around the country. The rest of the New Mexico’s universities still require 128 hours to graduate with a Bachelor’s degree. The change at UNM could mean as much as $2000 in tuition savings.
2. Tonight the Albuquerque Public School district is holding its last public input session about its budget. The meeting is a 6pm tonight at Ernie Pyle Middle School in the southwest part of Albuquerque.
1. It’ll be sunny today with a high near 63, and a South wind of 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest 15 to 20 mph in the morning. Tonight it’ll be partly cloudy with a low around 28. North wind 15 to 20 mph becoming east after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.