5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoMarch 10th, 2014 at 5:07 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Morning Show
Five Things You Need to Know Before You Go
5. Keep your fingers crossed. New Mexico is one of four states in the running for the Tesla billion dollar battery plant. Governor Susana Martinez says New Mexico is making offers to attract the plant which would bring with it as many as 6500 jobs. New Mexico is competing with Nevada, Utah and Arizona.
4. This is your last chance to have input on how the Albuquerque Public School District spends its money. APS is holding another meeting tonight to get public input on how money should be spent. The meeting is at 6pm at APS Headquarters near Louisiana and Indian School.
3. The Feds say another four employees at the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant near Carlsbad have tested positive for low levels of radiation exposure. That brings the total number of WIPP workers exposed last month to 17. Department of Energy officials say they do not believe there is any substantial risk to those workers’ health.
2. The stepfather of Omaree Varela is out of jail this morning following an arrest on drug charges over the weekend. Steve Casaus is the man that can be heard berating 9 year old Omaree during an accidental 911 call made last June. The child was kicked to death by his mother. Casaus has not yet been charged in Omaree’s death.
1. Expect a mostly sunny day with a high near 71 and a North wind around 5 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Tonight, it’ll be partly cloudy with a low around 38. A calm wind becomes South around 5 mph after midnight.