5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoMarch 7th, 2014 at 7:30 am by Hawa Konte under 5 Things
Time for the five things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. Don’t forget to spring forward this weekend. The time changes early Sunday morning and we lose an hour of sleep, but gain an hour of daylight. If you struggle to adjust to the time change, check your phone because there are apps for that. It’s also a good idea to change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
4. If you use Netflix, pay attention to this. There’s a big scam going around when you log-on you get a screen that looks like this that tells you to call customer service. Then someone tells you to download some software that ends up stealing your personal information.
3. A lot of folks in Albuquerque are on edge this morning, after some homemade explosives have gone off in their neighborhood Paseo del Norte and Universe northwest. Police aren’t saying a whole lot about the explosives.
2. Folks near Carlsbad still have a lot of questions about the radiation leak at WIPP and they could get more answers with another town hall meeting tonight. This one is with congress man Steve Pearce. It’s at 4 p.m. at the Leo Sweet Center in Carlsbad.
1. Today you can expect partly sunny skies with a high near 65. There will be a slight chance of showers with southwest wind from 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain is 10 percent. For tonight, you can expect a slight chance of rain and snow showers are possible. It’ll be mostly cloudy with a low around 37 degrees. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.