5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoMarch 4th, 2014 at 5:28 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Morning Show
5 Things You Need to Know Before You Go
5. It’s IHOP’s Pancake Day. Head to any International House of Pancakes from 7am until 10pm and get a free short stack. All you have to do is make a donation to Shriners Hospital. And, this is Fat Tuesday, so live it up, Lent starts tomorrow.
4. Internationally, eyes are on Ukraine today and what Russia’s military is doing there. Secretary of State John Kerry is in Kiev to remind Ukraine’s government the United States is behind it. The White House says Russia faces serious repercussions if its military does not stay away from Ukraine.
3. The Albuquerque Public School district has more money to spend next school year. The district wants to hear from interested members of the public who have ideas on how the money should be spent. Tonight the first of four community meetings is being held at 6pm at Dennis Chavez Elementary School at Barstow and San Francisco.
2. Most of New Mexico is heading to the polls today; 101 of the state’s 105 municipalities. Several cities including Santa Fe and Rio Rancho are voting on a new mayor. For the first time, New Mexico’s Secretary of State has a website to track all of the local elections, you can link to here on KRQE.com.
1. It’ll be breezy and mild today, partly sunny with a high near 65. Light and variable wind becoming 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Tonight it’ll be partly cloudy with a low around 34. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north after midnight.