March 31st, 2014 at 10:02 pm by Mark Ronchetti under Weather
Two separate storms will impact the state over the next five days. The action starts on Tuesday with big time winds. Gusts will top 50 mph in the northern 2/3rds of the state with mostly sunny skies. Fire danger will be high as well with the combination of wind and warmth.
By Wednesday our first storm will move in. This system will help keep winds roaring across the state. The best chance for showers will set up over northern NM. Some light mountain snow accumulations will be possible over the San Juan Mtns and Sangre de Cristo Mtns. The temps will fall big time all over NM both Wednesday and Thursday.
We will be in between storms late Thursday and Friday. Then another storm will track farther south into the state in over the weekend. This storm will have a chance to spread scattered showers over a wide area of the state. Here is a look at one model projection on possible precip accumulation. Not huge numbers but no too bad either.
March 31st, 2014 at 3:07 pm by Hawa Konte under Latest Posts, Live Events
KRQE Reporter @krqecole is live at APD’s press conference with updates. (Most recent updates first)
- Perry says the group “antagonized and confronted police”
- Perry “remarkable restraint shown”
- CAO Rob Perry taking things over now.
- Eden “We were monitoring activity all day,” “demeanor was different with this protest”
- Eden “I do have confidence in this department”
- Eden “we need to change the way we recruit”
- Eden “Did our best to protect lives, property”
- Eden “They came looking for us, we didn’t come looking for them”
- Eden describes the peaceful protest turning into an “angry mob.”
- Eden showed an image of one protester who came with an AK47 and body armor. Four arrests were made.
- Eden starts off by showing video from a live steam capturing yesterday’s protest.
- Chief Gorden Eden begins addressing the media. Peaceful protest turned into “lawless acts” pic.twitter.com/eOwUDHQiSZ
March 31st, 2014 at 2:42 pm by Hawa Konte under Latest Posts, Live Events
KRQE Reporter @krqecole is live at Mayor R.J. Berry’s press conference with updates. (Most recent updates first)
- “Protesters were looking to escalate situation…that’s when decisions were made” – Berry\
- When you have protesters voicing opinions, everyone pays attention. When you have what happened yesterday, that’s not productive. – Berry
- Started out with concerned protesting…original protestors likely not engaging in illegal activity – Berry
- Police acted professional, calm demeanor – showed great deal of restraint (Mayor Berry)
- Berry addresses media. pic.twitter.com/BpZo8d93iu
- Media crews are waiting in the Mayor’s lobby…he’s briefing us soon about the protests.
March 31st, 2014 at 11:39 am by KRQE Staff under Latest Posts
Kemtah Transforming IT Services is hosting a job recruiting event Tuesday April 1st from 9am – 1pm at Workforce Connection office on Mountain Road. Kemtah has 50 full-time and temporary positions available.
Bring your resume, be prepared for a preliminary interview and dress professionally. Kemtah recruiters will be doing preliminary screening, qualified candidates will be asked complete online assessments, and in-depth interviews during the event.
Please visit: www.jobs.state.nm.us job order #287887 for complete job description
March 31st, 2014 at 10:34 am by KRQE Staff under Latest Posts
After 45 years in the beer business, Kellys owner Dennis Bonfantine is ready to introduce “KELLYS IN THE CAN” to compete against the national brands.
Kellys, recognized in Southwest Airlines Spirit Magazine, as one of the “Best Brew Pubs in America”, now has the technology and the innovation to produce the high quality professional consumer packaging to compete with national brands.
Kellys Amber and Session IPA in six packs of 12 oz. cans will be available in stores across New Mexico on April 1st. Premier Distributing Company will be the exclusive statewide distributor