5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoFebruary 28th, 2014 at 4:55 am by maryannhatchitt under 5 Things, Morning Show
Five things you need to know before you go.
5. Metro Court in Albuquerque is closed today and tomorrow for a computer system update. Older online criminal records will disappear from the system because Metro Court can’t afford to pay for the storage space, so checking an online criminal record is about to become more difficult.
4. Today we could find out the legal proceedings ahead in the case of a Valencia County teen accused of murder. At issue is whether 15 year old Brandon Villalobos will be tried as a juvenile or an adult. Villalobos is accused of killing 12-year-old Alex Madrid in Meadow Lake, near Los Lunas on February 18th. Villalobos’ attorney does not believe her client understands the charges against him.
3. Businesses in Santa Fe can no longer put customer purchases in plastic bags. Violators can be fined and eventually lose their business licenses if they don’t comply. Santa Fe is giving merchants a 30 day grace period before the new law is enforced.
2. Federal authorities at WIPP say 182 essential workers at the nuclear waste storage facility are still on the job, working above ground, and believed to be safe. Authorities announced 13 workers tested positive for radiation contamination following a leak at the site two weeks ago. The Feds say the radiation detected was low level. New Mexico’s two US senators are asking the e-Environmental Protection Agency to conduct independent air quality tests. Conspiracy theorists online are having a heyday with the WIPP story, check out the story here on KRQE.com.
1. It’ll be party sunny this Friday with a high near 67 and a west wind of 10 to 15 mph. Tonight expect a 10 percent chance of showers, and mostly cloudy skies with a low around 41 and a southwest wind of 10 to 15 mph. Ther’s a chance of showers both Saturday and Sunday