5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoFebruary 24th, 2014 at 4:56 am by maryannhatchitt under 5 Things, Morning Show
Five things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. Deliberations continue this morning in the double murder trial of Ronald Santiago. He’s accused of killing Greg and Bernadette Ohlemacher in their Albuquerque home back in 2005. The defense has repeatedly pointed the finger at the murdered couple’s daughter, Renee. A verdict could be reached before weeks end.
4. Will they or won’t they? We’ve been down this road before. Last week we heard New Mexico was leading the competition in getting automaker Tesla’s multi-billion dollar battery factory built here. Now there’s word the plant could go to Nevada. The plant would employ 2000 workers. A decision is expected soon
3. The brouhaha over the TV show “Cops” filming in Albuquerque has entered another round. Now a couple of Albuquerque city councilors are joining the Mayor in asking Sheriff Dan Houston to disinvite the popular TV show from filming here for fear it will tarnish Albuquerque’s image. The Sheriff countered saying no one has ever released any data showing that show has hurt Albuquerque’s economic interests.
2. Look for a radically different traffic pattern today at I-25 and the Paseo Del Norte project. Lanes are being shifted along PDN at the interstate to allow crews to build a grade separation- that’ll eventually have Paseo Del Norte pass overhead the Jefferson intersection.
1. It’ll be a nice sunny day with a high near 69, and a north wind of 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest in the morning. Tonight it will be mostly clear with a low around 33, and a northwest wind of 5 to 10 pm becoming northwest in the evening.