Five Things You Need to Know Before You GoFebruary 18th, 2014 at 4:58 am by maryannhatchitt under 5 Things, Morning Show
Five things you need to now before you go.
5. Here’s your chance to go out for a good meal and help others get the food they need. Until tomorrow, go to any Chili’s in New Mexico, mention a food bank and 15 percent of your bill will go to a local food bank including Roadrunner in Albuquerque.
4. The budget battle continues this morning at the Roundhouse. The State Senate could vote on a $6.2 billion compromise budget today. This is the one that provides extra money for schools, and gives Governor Susana Martinez some of her education reforms.
3. Firefighters are still battling the bosque fire on the Isleta Pueblo. The fire has burned at least 100 acres and is about 25-30 percent contained.
2. New Mexico’s fire season is off to a very early start and there’s a good chance we’ll be seeing more fires like the one in the bosque soon. Bernalillo County firefighters say fire danger is unusally high for this early in the season and it’ll likely be a rough spring. Fire crews are training for the worst.
1. It’ll be sunny with a high near 70 today and a west wind 5 to 10 mph. Tonight expect partly cloud skies with a low around 40 and a northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.