5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoFebruary 14th, 2014 at 5:05 am by maryannhatchitt under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. It’s Valentine’s Day. If you’ve been hit by Cupid’s arrow and plan to get hitched on this day devoted to love, head to the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge and get married. There will be wedding ceremonies performed at no charge today on the bridge. No appointments are necessary, but you do need a valid marriage license.
4. A coyote alert for residents living on the far west side of the Metro area. The Ventana Ranch Neighborhood Association says dogs are disappearing in the area, and they believe they’re being killed by coyotes who are eating them.
3. Today, you can help fight child abuse in New Mexico by remembering Baby Briana who would’ve turned 12 years old this Valentine’s Day. The 5 month old died following horrific abuse at the hands of her family.. There’s a balloon release in her memory at 4pm today at Montgomery Park and at the cemetery where she’s buried in Doña Ana County.
2. Before the day is over we could know who Albuquerque’s next police chief will be. There are three finalists: NM Public Safety Secretary Gorden Eden, Assistant Dallas Police Chief Thomas Lawrence, and Houston’s assistant transit chief, Craig Goralski. You can get details about the finalists on KRQE.com
1. It’s going to be a beautiful day and great weekend. Expect sunny skies today with a high near 70 and northwest wind of 5 to 10 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Tonight it’ll be mostly clear with a low around 37, and a west wind of 5 to 10 mph which will become light and variable in the evening. Saturday and Sunday expect mostly sunny skies with highs in the low 70s.