5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoFebruary 13th, 2014 at 4:59 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Morning Show
5 things you need to know before you go.
5. Attention job seekers: 90 companies will be at the UNM Student Union Building today for Job Fair 2014, and they’re looking to fill jobs immediately. This event is open to all job seekers, not just students. It’s from 9am to 3pm, make sure to bring your resume.
4. If you’re unsure about your Bueno chile since the Albuquerque company is recalling every tub of frozen green chile it processed last year, check the Julian code, it’s a four digit number before a dash on the package. All frozen raw green chile products with a Julian code ending in 3 are included. Bueno’s hotline number is 505-243-2722. The company says simply cooking the chile will resolve the issue.
3. As the finger-pointing continues over whether Albuquerque Police and the Children Youth and Families Department dropped the ball in preventing the abuse death of 9 year old Omaree Varela, News 13 has learned of a third reported incident reported by a worker at a cell phone store. A full year before Omaree’s mother is accused of kicking the child to death, in December 2012 an APD officer investigated the cell phone store report, and determined while there was not enough evidence to make an arrest, he did write a report and notified CYFD about the reported abuse.
2. As the legislative session moves into its final week, there’s an apparent stalemate over the state budget. The crux of the issue is $20 Million Governor Martinez wants to spend on her education initiatives that Republican lawmakers don’t like.
1. Expect a springlike day with sunny skies and a high near 67 and a west wind 5 to 10 mph, increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Tonight it’ll be mostly clear with a low around 35, and a northwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.