5 Things You Need to Know Before You Go: February 6, 2014February 6th, 2014 at 6:27 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show
Time for 5 things you need to know before you go.
5. Things are getting back to normal at the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant near Carlsbad after a fire yesterday, six workers were treated for smoke inhalation
4. Did Albuquerque Police officers drop the ball when they responded to the home of Omaree Varela last summer?He’s the 9-year-old boy police say was kicked to death by his mother.This case has created a firestorm of inquiriesand has a lot of people and agencies asking themselves some tough questions.
3. The Rio Rancho Public School District has canceled classes today because of bad weather.APS is on a two-hourdelay.The City of Albuquerque is also on a two-hourdelay.Keep it tuned to KRQE News13 on the air and KRQE.com on-line for the latest weather-related closings and delays.
2. Expect icy roads, especially on the side streets if you’re out driving this morning.
Go slow and be on the lookout for black ice.Check the road conditions and routes here before you head out.
1. It’ll be mostly cloudy today with a high near 39, and a south wind from five to 10 mph.Tonight there’s a 20 percent chance of snow. It’ll be cloudy with a low around 24 and a south wind five to 10 mph.