5 Things You Need to Know Before You GoFebruary 3rd, 2014 at 6:34 am by maryannhatchitt under 5 Things, Morning Show
5 things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. It’s been five years since investigators started a gruesome discovery on the West Mesa. The skeletons of 11 women, one of them pregnant were unearthed. Investigators still have not named any suspects. But, we did on Special Assignment, check out the full story here on KRQE.com.
4. Good news for the Albuquerque Public School district. Graduation rates are up over last year, while most of New Mexico’s are stagnant. The State says the rates in APS are 68.7%, that’s up three percent from last year. Without the charter schools APS says its true graduation rate is about 73%.
3. Everyone is still talking about this year’s games during Sunday’s big game. From puppies to Muppets, and Arnold Schwarzenegger, this year’s ads were
more sentimental than in previous years. Each 30 second commercial cost in the ball park of $4 million.
2. Bronco fans are depressed this morning after their team got blown out by the Seattle Seahawks last night, 43 to 8.
1. Expect isolated showers after 11 this morning. It’ll be mostly cloudy today with a high near 50. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 10%. Tonight, there will be scattered rain showers before 11pm, then a slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. West wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than half an inch is possible.