5 Things You Need to Know Before You Go: January 29, 2014January 29th, 2014 at 6:10 am by Rebecca Valdez under Latest Posts
Here are the five things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. You should take a minute to double check your credit and debit card accounts today. Look out for any weird charges for $9.84. It’s for something called “customer support” and investigators think it’s related to the massive Target hacking.
4. Take a look at all this stolen stuff if you think it might be yours you still have another chance to get it this Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the police substation near Tramway and Lomas. All the stuff was stolen from homes in Bernalillo, Sandoval and Valencia counties in the last four years.
3. Some state legislators have a plan to recruit more social workers. They want to pay for up to two years of students’ college education. If they agree to work for CYFD for two years. We’ll keep track of the bill to do this in the roundhouse.
2. President Obama is on the road this morning, backing up his state of the union speech last night. The president spent a lot of time talking about more having to be done to narrow the economic gap between the rich and poor, including increasing the federal minimum wage.
1. Today will be mostly sunny with a high near 57 degrees. Wind will come from the west at 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Tonight you can expect partly cloudy skies with a low around 36 degrees. West wind from 5 to 10 mph.