5 Things You Need to Know Before You Go: January 28, 2014January 28th, 2014 at 6:21 am by maryannhatchitt under 5 Things, Morning Show
Five things you need to know before you go.
5. Did you happen to see the woman who was wearing a bikini and wrapped in the New Mexico flag who ran across the field during the Pro Bowl this weekend. Turns out the woman is Katrina Torres of Albuquerque who says she ran on the field for her cousin, who cannot walk or talk because of a motorcycle crash.
4. President Barack Obama will deliver the State of the Union address to a joint session of Congress and millions of Americans tonight. The Chief Executive is expected to talk about extending federal unemployment residents, and increasing the minimum wage.
3. Should the unincorporated areas of Santa Fe County raise the minimum wage for workers to match the City’s? That’s what Santa Fe County Commissioners will be discussing this evening. Right now the City of Santa Fe’s minimum wage is $10.50 an hour, the second highest in the country behind San Francisco. It goes up to $10.65 in March.
2. If you’ve had anything stolen from your home in the last four years in Bernalillo, Valencia, and Sandoval counties, you can try to get it back today. Head to APD’s Foothill Command on Lomas between Noon and 8pm today. Bring a copy of your police report with the case number.
1. It’s going to be a bit cooler today with mostly sunny skies and a high near 51. light northwest wind increases from 10 to 15 miles per hour this morning. Tonight, it’ll be partly cloudy with a low around 22. A northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becomes light north after midnight.