5 Things You Need to Know Before You Go: January 21, 2014January 21st, 2014 at 5:37 am by maryannhatchitt under 5 Things, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go this morning.
5. Don’t be fooled by this nice weather we’re having. We’re still in the heart of flu season. Doctors in Texas and Southern Colorado are seeing a huge increase in the number of patients with the flu,
particularly younger people. Health officials warn the flu will be around for at least another month or so and they encourage people to get a flu shot.
4. Some families in the Albuquerque’s far northeast heights are worried there’s mountain lion roaming through their neighborhood near Paseo Del Norte and Eubank.They claim the big cat has already killed one dog, and they plan to report it to the Department of Game and Fish today.
3. It’s going to be another nice day, sunny with a high near 58 and a north wind around 5mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Tonight it’ll be mostly clear with a low around 25 and a west wind around 5mph becoming north after midnight.
2. Rehab starts today, one week after Kendal Sanders and a classmate were wounded in a shooting at Roswell’s Berrendo Middle School. Kendal was released from the hospital Sunday and is now recovering at home. The other student injured, Nathanial Tavarez remains hospitalized in Lubbock. Kendal’s parents are echoing State Police saying, they do not believe either of the students injured in the shooting were specifically targeted.
1. At high noon today, New Mexico legislators get started on this year’s 30 day session at the roundhouse. The one thing they have to do is pass a budget, which includes $250 million dollar more to spend than last year. Lawmakers are also set to debate and consider legalizing marijuana to more oversight for the Children Youth and Families Department.