5 Things You Need to Know Before You Go: January 3, 2014January 3rd, 2014 at 5:59 am by Mary Ann Hatchitt under 5 Things, Morning Show
Good Morning, here are the five things you need to know before you go.
5. Metro area drivers who got nailed by the now-defunct red light cameras, but never paid the ticket are suing for robo-call harassment.
4. A Nor’easter is slamming parts of the country snarling travel in the air and on land. Make sure you check on delays with the airlines if you’re picking up a passenger or flying out today.
3. Within 48 hours of Colorado beginning sales of marijuana for recreational use, a New Mexico lawmaker says he’ll propose putting the issue of legalizing marijuana here before voters during the next legislative session.
2. If you’re considering making a pot run to Colorado and bringing it back to New Mexico, think again. New Mexico State Police say they’ll be looking for people transporting pot into the state. Charges for possession are based on amount, ranging from a petty misdemeanor to a felony.
1. Expect sunny skies with a high near 54. A calm wind will blow west at around 5 mph. Tonight it’ll be partly cloudy in the Metro area, with a low around 28. A south wind around 5 mph will calm down later in the evening.