5 Things You Need to Know Before You Go: January 2, 2014January 2nd, 2014 at 6:00 am by avicraluckey under 5 Things, Morning Show
Here are the 5 Things You Need to Know Before Go,
5. More than 50 tourists and scientists stranded on an icebreaker in the Antarctic are now on their way to dry land after helicopters managed to rescue them today; 22 will remain aboard to help get the ship to land.
4. Santa Fe’s $10.51 per hour minimum wage is no longer the nation’s second highest, losing out to former number one San Francisco, which was bested by Seattle, where the minimum is now $15 per hour for some workers.
3. If your Christmas tree has passed its prime, today the Tree-Cyling program being in Albuquerque. The program turns trees into mulch, which is given away for free. Go to KRQE Links to learn where.
2. Sledding in the SandiaMountains proved to be a dangerous New Year’s Day activity after at least six people were injured over the holiday.
1. On this first workday expect mostly sunny with a high near 50 and calm winds. Tonight you’ll see partly cloud skies with a low around 25 and calm winds. There’s a slight chance of snow flurries east of the Sangre de Cristos.