5 Things You Need to Know Before You Go: January 1, 2014January 1st, 2014 at 6:30 am by avicraluckey under 5 Things, Morning Show
Happy New Year!
It’s time for the five things you need to know before you go today,
5. Big news for a part of the Affordable Care Act, it’s getting delayed. U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor just issued a ruling giving a brief stay from having to provide birth control as part of their health insurance plans.
4. The foster family who cared for a 9-year-old boy who died under suspicious circumstances last week, says they warned CYFD about the boy’s mother who is now charged with killing him.
3. It has been a busy night for law enforcement all around New Mexico. There were DWI check points set up all over the state. They also had a number of saturation patrols too.
2. Here’s a story getting all of the buzz, pot is now legal for recreational use in Colorado. It’s the first state where this is happening. There are signs all over Denver with the rules, including no smoking in public.
1. Today you can expect sunny skies with a high near 54 degrees. Northwest winds will come in at 5 to ten mph. Tonight you’ll see mostly clear skies with a low around 21. Winds will come from the north at 5 to ten mph.