5 Things You Need to Know Before You Go: December 31, 2013December 31st, 2013 at 5:59 am by maryannhatchitt under 5 Things, Morning Show
5) Three U.S. senators are now asking the Senate Banking Committee to hold hearings into how hackers gained access to Target’s security system, possibly compromising as many as 40 million people’s personal information.
4) New Mexico’s Valley Meat Company won’t be opening as a horse slaughterhouse tomorrow because a judge issued a temporary restraining order. A hearing on the TRO is set for Friday.
3) An Albuquerque mother is accused of killing her 9 year old son, and the secretary of the Children, Youth and Families Department says the agency was not currently investigating Synthia Varela-Casaus’s home when police say she kicked her son Omaree to death.
2) This is New Year’s eve, and law enforcement will be out enforcing dwi and traffic laws. There are plenty of safe ways to celebrate without drinking and driving, check out KRQE Links here on our website to learn some of the ways you can get home safely if you’ve had too much to drink.
1) A mild and quiet end to 2013 with a very nice day.