Free Christmas Tree RecyclingDecember 26th, 2013 at 11:11 am by Hawa Konte under Latest Posts
PNM, the cities of Albuquerque and Rio Rancho and the Village of Ruidoso will offer free Christmas tree recycling starting Jan. 2 at six locations. This marks the 22nd year PNM has donated time and equipment for the holiday event.
Crews from PNM Vegetation Management, City of Albuquerque’s Solid Waste Management Department, Rio Rancho’s Keep Rio Rancho Beautiful Division and the Village of Ruidoso will grind the trees into mulch, which can then be used to provide a better growing environment for plants in city common areas and residential landscapes.
Crews will accept trees that have removed decorations, tinsel, tree spikes and stands.
In Albuquerque, trees will be accepted for 10 days from Jan. 2 through Jan. 12 between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., at the following locations:
- Montessa Park Convenience Center, 3512 Los Picaros SE
- Eagle Rock Convenience Center, 6301 Eagle Rock NE
- Ladera Golf Course, Coors and Ladera NW
Rio Rancho’s tree recycling runs from Jan. 2 through Jan. 17 at two locations. Mulch will be offered at the complex on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Rio Rancho Sports Complex, 3501 High Resort Blvd. (Open 24 hours)
- Sandoval County Landfill, 2708 Iris Road (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
The Village of Ruidoso will be accepting trees on Saturday, Jan.11, from 8 to 10:30 a.m. at the following location:
- Schoolhouse Park, 501 Sudderth Drive.
**NOTE: Commercial quantities will not be accepted.**