5 Things You Need to Know Before You Go: December 19, 2013December 19th, 2013 at 6:30 am by avicraluckey under 5 Things, Morning Show
Here are the five things you need to know before you go this Thursday morning.
5. As you head out to work or school today, go help some less fortunate kids who need just the basics. A.P.S is collecting socks, underwear, shoes and other staples until 8:00 a.m. at its headquarters in Uptown Albuquerque.
4. If you’ve shopped at Target recently and used a credit or debit card, you better double check your account. Target says more than 40 million accounts could’ve been hacked since black Friday.
3. Here in New Mexico some of the state’s leading democrats have a new way to get rid of the state’s education leader, Hanna Skandera. They plan to get rid of her job entirely. They want a constitutional amendment for New Mexico to ditch the secretary of education and have the state school board appoint an education superintendent.
2. In just a few hours investigators will probably be back out looking into what’s left from a huge fire in Downtown Albuquerque yesterday. The Flamenco Institute, on Gold Avenue near 2nd, was engulfed in flames around 4:30 p.m. yesterday. No one was hurt, but the fire destroyed the building.
1. Today you can expect mostly sunny skies with a high near 57. Winds will come from the southeast at around 5 mph and start coming in from the southwest in the morning. Tonight it’ll be partly cloudy with a low around 29. Wind will come for the east at around 5 mph.