5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go : December 11, 2013December 11th, 2013 at 6:30 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. Today at 10 a.m. solar companies, environmental businesses, and groups are calling on Albuquerue, the University of New Mexico, and Intel to stop their membership in an anti-renewable energy industry group. Renewable energy advocates say the group is pushing to halt pnm’s solar facility development in the Albuquerque area. They’re joined by City Councilor Isaac Benton.
4. The NMDOT built it, now they need you to come and use it. We’re talking about a temporary ramp at the I-25 Paseo Del Norte interchange job. A new loop is now open for folks going west on Paseo Del Norte, then going south on I-25. The department says a lot of drivers are not using it and it’s slowing them down. Get in the right lane as you get close to the intersection, follow the signs, and save some time.
3. We’ve learned the man Albuquerque police shot and killed last Sunday night, had a history of run-ins with the law. Andy Snider kicked at a cop in 2009; he said he was high on meth later. He’s jumped into a rodeo clown act, saying he wanted to be part of it, then had to be tazed after he pulled a knife. This latest shooting comes as the department of justice continues it’s investigation into a culture of violence within the Albuquerque Police Department.
2. A terminally ill New Mexico woman wants the right to die, if she chooses. The case is being heard in an Albuquerque courtroom today. At issue is whether doctors can prescribe those patients medication that can help end their life. We’ll keep you posted on what happens in this case, which could be groundbreaking.
1. Today you can expect mostly sunny skies with a high near 40. Northeast winds will come in at around 5 mph. Tonight you’ll see partly cloudy skies with a low around 22. Northern winds will come in at 5 mph.