5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go : December 10, 2013December 10th, 2013 at 6:20 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. A very touching tribute to Nelson Mandela happened earlier today at a packed soccer stadium in South Africa. His body will now lie in state for three days before being buring in his hometown. Nelson Mandela was 95 years old when he passed away last week.
4. Good news for New Mexico. We could have almost $300 million extra dollars in the state’s budget for next year. Now the question comes what to do with it. The governor wants some saved and some to go to education. Others want to see a road and building boom.
3. Today your kids have the chance to learn the basics of computer science, an industry that’s growing in New Mexico but training for it is lacking. Take them out to Deep Dive Coders tonight from 5pm to 7pm. It’s on Central and Broadway.
2. We’ve learned the the guy Albuquerque Police shot and killed yesterday morning may have had a hammer. Police haven’t exactly said what kind of weapon he had or released his name or the names of the officers involved. They say he charged officers over and over again before they shot him.
1. Get those gloves and scarves ready, it’s going to be a bone chilling day. It will be mostly sunny with a high in the 30s. Tonight temps will be low about 15 to 25 degrees.