5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | December 4, 2013December 4th, 2013 at 6:30 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. The IT company General Dynamics is adding 200 jobs in Las Cruces right now. They’re hiring for every position from back office service representatives and supervisors to managers and trainers.
4. Life in prison or the death penalty for convicted killer John McClusky? We’re closer to knowing the answer to that question because closing arguments in the penalty phase of his trial are supposed to start in just a few hours. McCluskey was convicted of killing Gary and Linda Haas after breaking out of an Arizona prison in 2010.
3. It’s going to be a long day for BernalilloCounty sheriff, Dan Houston. He’s going before the county’s Code of Conduct Review Board this afternoon. Houston is accused of using county offices and workers for his re-election campaign. The meeting is at 3 p.m. downtown anyone is free to watch.
2. Tonight’s your chance to hear about an alternative to the New Mexico’s new end of course exams for high school students. The state says students have to pass them and if they don’t they won’t get a diploma. APS is looking at alternatives to the tests go hear about them at the board meeting starting at 5 p.m. today (Dec. 4.)
1. The wind will continue today. There may also be some rain and snow showers in the afternoon. Highs will be in the 50s to lower 60s. Southern winds will come at 10 to 20 mph in the afternoon and may get as high as 40 mph.Tonight you can expect mostly cloudy skies with a chance of rain and snow in the evening. The chance for that rain and snow will increase after midnight, possibly leaving as much as one or two inches. Low will get down to the 20s to mid 30s. Southwest winds will start at 10 miles and hour and may climb to 20 in the evening.