5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | September 2, 2013September 2nd, 2013 at 6:15 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. Even though it’s a holiday it’s going to be a busy day on Capital Hill with a number of meetings about Syria. John McCain and other senators and representatives will be meeting to talk about if the U.S. should use military force on Syria. This weekend President Obama said he wants congress’s approval before that happens.
4. Back here in New Mexico we could find out tomorrow if Los Alamos County will start issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples. A judge there has ordered the clerk to do so or explain why not.
3. The search is still on for a missing firefighter in the Jemez Wilderness. Token Adams was going to look at a small fire that lightening started on Friday and hasn’t been seen since.
2. Happy Labor Day. Many could be on the roads enjoying their day off while others could be spending their final summer holiday weekend at the lake. Just remember, most city, county, state and federal offices are closed.
1. We could see some storms today that could result in flooding for some areas. Today it will be partly cloudy with isolated showers and thunderstorms in the morning then scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall in the afternoon. Highs will be in the mid 80s to lower 90s. Tonight it will continue to be mostly cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms in the evening then partly cloudy with isolated showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall in the evening. Lows will be in the lower to mid 60s.