Temps will remain mild and skies sunny over the next couple days. Highs will top out in the low 80′s here in the metro area. Wednesday will be equally warm before major changes work in on Thursday. Winds will crank up in advance of the next storm system moving out of the pacific NW. The core of the storm will likely pass too far north to deliver much precipitation. However, a couple cold fronts will knock temps down 20°+ on Friday and Saturday. With any luck winds will die down in time for Saturday’s first mass ascension.
5. Breaking Bad is breaking sad. The show that shot here for 6 years 5 seasons is now over. The series finale was last night with parties all around town. Many businesses that cashed in on the show hope the good times continue.
4. If you get a call saying you owe PNM money and to pay up using a visa gift card, do not do it. The scam’s been going around the state and PNM says it would never ask for a payment this way and now Senator Tom Udall is asking the Federal Trade Commission for help.
3. Closing arguments are set to begin in just a few hours in John McCluskey’s federal murder trial. It’s where he escaped from prison in Arizona and is accused of killing Gary and Linda Haas in, two tourists from Oklahoma, in Santa Rosa. McCluskey could get the death penalty if he’s convicted.
2. We’re just hours away from the federal government possibly shutting down. It’ll happen at midnight tonight if congress doesn’t agree on a budget. The house has a plan but it puts off Obamacare for a year and the senate doesn’t like it. We’ll keep you posted.
1. Today will be sunny with highs in the upper 70s to mid 80s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Tonight will be clear with lows in the mid 40s to lower 50s.
Today will be sunny with highs in the upper 70s to mid 80s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Tonight will be clear with lows in the mid 40s to lower 50s.
After a cool weekend with temperatures below average, temps are going to go in the other direction for at least the first half of the week. Dry, sunny weather is going to be the theme this week. But, by Thursday and Friday a disturbance is going to move to our north. This will drop our temperatures and pick up the winds. The good news is this system looks to be out of here by Friday night just in time for the first day of Balloon Fiesta next Saturday. We’ll keep you posted. Have a great week!
After a beautiful, cool fall Saturday another chilly night is in store for New Mexico before temps start to rebound. Freeze warnings have been issued once again. This time for areas around the Northern Mountains including Santa Fe. Also, parts of Southern New Mexico are included.
Temps will dip to near freezing or just below in many spots Saturday night. But, after a chilly Sunday morning some warmer air is going to return by the afternoon. Temperatures will climb to near average or even slightly above. By the middle of the week, temperatures will be above average for many areas with the sunny stretch of weather continuing! Enjoy!