5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | August 30, 2013August 30th, 2013 at 6:15 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. National outrage now about a judge in Montana who let a convicted rapist go with spending just a month in jail. Hundreds of people protested outside of Judge Todd Baugh’s courtroom yesterday after the case where a teacher raped a teenage girl, and the girl ended up killing herself during the trial. Judge Baugh also says the girl had as much control of the situation as the teacher and was older than her chronological age.
4. Lets get on to your long Labor Day weekend. If you’re hitting the road gas prices here in New Mexico are staying the same even though they’re going up for most of the country. We average $3.46 a gallon, $3.36 in the Duke City which is about .20 cheaper than the rest of the country.
3. If you’re sticking around town head to Bernalillo for the New Mexico wine festival. It’s today through Sunday with 23 vendors and wineries from all around the state.
2. Another hot spot this long Labor Day weekend will be Elephant Butte lake. The good news is lake levels are up seven feet since the beginning of last month, that’s when they were at their lowest levels ever.
1. Today will be mostly sunny in the morning then partly cloudy with isolated showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs will be in the upper 80s to lower 90s. Tonight will be partly cloudy with isolated showers and thunderstorms and lows in the 60s.