5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | August 29, 2013August 29th, 2013 at 6:15 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. A new program at UNM is helping students get up to speed and get credit for their classes. The classes are called “Stretch and Studio” and before this students had to take extra classes in the summer before their freshman year and didn’t even get credit for them.
4. If your planning on hitting the road this Labor Day weekend you’ll be joining millions of others. AAA says it expects a little more than 34-million Americans will take trips at least 50 miles away from home during this labor day weekend and about 85% of those will be driving.
3. The U.S. is now sending another aircraft carrier to the Persian Gulf possibly to get ready for a strike on Syria. The white house also says it does not necessarily need support from other countries if it launches an air campaign.
2. The latest with same-sex marriage in New Mexico is the State Supreme Court says it will not consolidate all the marriage lawsuits into one case. The idea of a constitutional amendment could come up in the roundhouse in January.
1. We could have some storms today. There is a 10% chance of precipitation with isolated showers and thunderstorms after noon. Otherwise it will be mostly sunny with a high near 89. There is also a chance for isolated showers and thunderstorms this evening with a 20% chance of precipitation. It will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 64.