The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | August 26, 2013August 26th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Time now for the five things you need to know before you go this morning!
5) 113 MDC inmates are expected to be shipped off by tomorrow. That would bring the jail close to it’s legal capacity of 2,236 inmates. If the jail is still overcrowded on September first a Federal judge could fine the County…but hasn’t said how much that could be.
4) New rules for pets in unincorporated parts of Bernalillo County to help crack down on animal neglect and abuse. Now, you’ll have to micro-chip your pets and if they’re caught running lose twice, you can’t get them back unless they’re spayed or neutered. Also, dogs can’t be tethered or chained…it’s also now illegal to put them in the back of a truck without a kennel or crate.
3) Time to make sure your kids car seats are installed the right way to keep them safe. Today from 4 to 6 pm…the State and “Safer New Mexico Now” are teaming up to check out your seats for free near Kohl’s in The Cottonwood Corners Shopping Center parking lot. Certified technicians will adjust your car seat if necessary, and show you how to do it yourself.
2) Later today we should find out if same-sex couples can get married in Bernalillo County. According to the Albuquerque Journal, Bernalillo County Clerk Maggie Toulouse Oliver has readied up to 1,000 new gender-neutral marriage licenses in case District Judge Alan Malott issues a court ruling today supporting same-sex marriage. The State Supreme Court hasn’t ruled on same sex marriage yet but may rule before the year is over. Meanwhile…Dona Ana and Santa Fe Counties are already issuing marriage licenses to gay couples.
1) It’ll be drying out soon… But today there will be some isolated showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 85. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 10%. Then tonight isolated showers and thunderstorms before midnight. Partly cloudy, with a low around 64. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 10%.