The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | August 20, 2013August 20th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Time now for the five things you need to know before you go.
5) Looking for a job? if so, head over to the Gobs of Jobs Career Fair later this morning from eleven to three at the Marriott Pyramid in Northeast Albuquerque.
4) Mark your calendars for September 5th. That’s when crews will break ground on the huge I-25/Paseo makeover. The main construction to transform the congested interchange won’t start until after Balloon Fiesta. Then it’ll take about two years to get done.
3) Starting at seven this morning polls will open in Rio Rancho…where voters will have to decide whether to cut the special higher education tax in half. It’s been used to support UNM’s West campus. Polls will be open until seven tonight.
2) If you live in Albuquerque… you could be paying for a six hundred thousand dollar Special Election. Why? Because the vote on a plan to ban late term abortions in the City could go to a Special Election. The City Clerk hasn’t verified enough signatures to get it on the ballot for the Mayor’s race in October. We’ll let you know what happens.
1) Today you’ll see scattered showers and thunderstorms after noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 90. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Then tonight A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.