The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | August 19, 2013August 19th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Time now for the five things you need to know this morning!
5) If you drive a 2011 or 2012 Chevy Cruze…General Motors is recalling nearing 300,000 of them. GM says there’s a problem with their brake assist systems.
4) Rise and shine…it’s back to school for UNM students. To help make the day smooth…UNM Dean of students set up a Facebook page for Freshman students to interact with each another and talk with student orientation leaders. All students can use a new website called “Degrees Map”…to make sure they graduate in a reasonable amount of time.
3) Opening statements are expected to begin soon in the trial of a man accused of killing two tourists in New Mexico. Investigators say John McCluskey killed Gary and Linda Haas…who were passing through a rest stop in Santa Rosa…so he could steal their truck after escaping from an Arizona prison in 2010. Tracy Province and Casslyn Welch say they were with Mccluskey. They’re expected to testify against McCluskey.
2) It’s been almost a year since the decision was made to raise the prices at the ABQ BioPark. Two dollars higher for adults and a dollar higher for kids. So far, this hasn’t affected attendance… between last September to this past June there were 5,700 more visitors than there were last year.
1) Today you’ll see isolated showers and thunderstorms after noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 91. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
Then tonight A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.