The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | August 7, 2013August 7th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Here are the five things you need to know before you go on this Wednesday morning.
5) If you haven’t already, go buy your Powerball ticket. Tonight’s drawing jackpot is up to $425 million bucks. That’s a take home value of $244.7 million bucks!
4) If you’re looking for a job head over to the Hotel Cascada…off Carlisle…near I-40…from 11 to 2 today for the Choice Career Fair. There’ll be a number of jobs…including some in manufacturing…sales and administration. Take your resume…dress to impress…and good luck.
3) Authorities need your help finding a man they think is connected to an Amber Alert and murder in California. His name’s James Dimaggio. They say he could be passing through New Mexico…he may have shaved his beard, and is driving a blue Nissan “Versa” with a California plate. If you see him… please call police.
2) If you live in Rio Rancho and plan to vote in that City’s Special Election later this month…you’ll have to have an ID to vote. Today’s your chance to get that ID if you don’t already have one. Just go to the Meadowlark Senior Center at 4330 Meadowlark Lane…between 1:15pm to 3:30pm. Take a utility bill or birth certificate with you.
1) It’s going to be another stormy afternoon. There will be scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after noon. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 83. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Then tonight scattered showers and thunderstorms will continue, mainly before midnight. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Partly cloudy, with a low around 60. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%.