The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | July 31, 2013July 31st, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time for the five things you need to know before you go…
5) Feeling lucky? Then go get yourself a Powerball ticket or two…tonight’s jackpots at $235 million bucks…or take a cash payout…$136.5 million…minus taxes of course.
4) College students…you could get a big break on your federal student loans…as soon as today. The House is set to vote on a bill that could drop them down to 3.9 percent…from 6.8 percent…then they’d be tied to the financial markets.
3) This October you could have the chance to vote on banning most abortions in Albuquerque after 20 weeks. Right now the City Clerk is verifying signatures from a proposal to see if they’re valid…if so…the city council will decide what happens next.
2) What looks like an attempted abduction of two kids in Albuquerque. Two girls’ grandfather says a man inappropriately touched one of the girls and tried to grab both of them at Riverview Park near Golf Course and Paseo Del Norte yesterday afternoon. The girls described the man as 40-ish … white with dark hair …. wearing glasses and a blue sleeveless workout shirt.
1) It’s going be a hot one…It’ll be mostly sunny, with a high near 93 and a calm wind becoming Southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Then tonight will have isolated showers and thunderstorms it’ll be partly cloudy, with a low around 69. There will be a south wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.