The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | July 29, 2013July 29th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time for the five things you need to know before you go today!
5) Another reason to love Santa Fe…it’s one of the “Top 10 Most Livable Cities” according to MSN. The survey says Santa Fe is great because of it’s median income…relatively low unemployment…and arts and culture.
4) What you need to know before you hit the road this morning…gas prices are slowly going down in the Duke City…says AAA. They average $3.48 in Albuquerque…down a few cents from last week. The average in Santa Fe is a bit more…at $3.55.
3) The Albuquerque BioPark Zoo is open again! It had to close on Saturday because of the mess the storm left behind. People who were at a concert were left running for cover…but the elephants are enjoying all the leaves.
2) More than 16-hundred homes and businesses still don’t have power this morning…and it could be another day or two until they get it back on. PNM has crews from two other states here…all working around the clock. It says 99% of outages should be fixed today.
1) Fewer storms today… Today will have isolated showers and thunderstorms before 7am. Then it’ll be mostly sunny, with a high near 87 and a west wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. The chance of precipitation is 10%.
Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 65. There will be a west wind 10 to 15 mph becoming north 5 to 10 mph after midnight.