5 Things You Need Know Before You Go | July 26, 2013July 26th, 2013 at 6:15 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. It’s a pink weekend for the Isotopes and everyone’s favorite mascot Orbit. The Isotopes are start their four- game homestand against New Orleans and it’s all centered around breast cancer awareness. A fireworks show, giveaways and other promotions are in store for this weekend. Also go online and help make Orbit Minor League Baseball’s best mascot for the second year in a row.
4. Head to the Convention Center in Downtown Albuquerque tomorrow for a huge auction of unclaimed property from safety deposit boxes. The state’s been collecting this stuff for years and this is your chance to get it starting at 10 am.
3. A few thousand people in and around Albuquerque are waking up without power thanks to the storms overnight. Most of them are in the Heights, North Valley and near Placitas. PNM says it could be all day before the lights come back on.
2. Some may be tired this morning after being kept up from last nights storm. Thunder and lightning rocked the skies last night. The storms dumped a lot of rain on parts of Albuquerque overnight then left a lot of dirt, debris and rocks in the road and left the arroyos full of water. Remember the saying, turn around don’t drown.
1. More rain could come today. Isolated showers and thunderstorms, with a 10% chance of precipitation. Otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 89. Tonight we will also have scattered showers and thunderstorms with a 50% chance of precipitation. Otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 65.