5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | July 22, 2013July 22nd, 2013 at 6:15 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. Jury selection for a big trial that’s been years in the making is set to start today. It’s for John McCluskey who’s accused of breaking out of prison in Arizona and killing two tourists in New Mexico in 2010. Jury selection could take three weeks and the trial could last three months.
4. Albuquerque police are still on the hunt for a robber who shot and killed a clerk at the National Jewelry Buyers store on Coors Friday night. Police say it was a robbery gone bad and they think the shooter took off in an an older model White Crown Victoria.
3. If you’re looking for a job here you go. Gordman’s is having a job fair at Workforce Connection from 8am to 7pm today. It’s looking for everything from cashiers to supervisors. UNM is having one for concession workers from 11am to 4pm at the McDavid lounge near the Pit.
2. All eyes on London today for royal baby watch. Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, is now in the hospital in the early stages of labor. She and her husband, Prince William, still haven’t said if it’s a boy or girl. We’ll keep you updated.
1. It will be a hot and stormy day. Isolated showers and thunderstorms are in the forecast after noon and some of the storms could produce heavy rain. There is a 10% chance of rain during the day with mostly sunny, and a high near 95. Tonight we will have scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly before midnight. The chance of precipitation is 30% and some of the storms could produce heavy rain. It will be partly cloudy, with a low around 67.