Levi Chavez Trial, Day 23July 16th, 2013 at 1:53 pm by Hawa Konte under Latest Posts
The jury will continues deliberating the fate of a former Albuquerque cop accused of murdering his wife. On Friday, Levi Chavez’s defense attorney and prosecutors made their final arguments to the jury.
Levi Chavez is accused of shooting and killing 26-year-old Tera Chavez with his department-issued handgun in their Los Lunas home, and of trying to make her death look like a suicide because prosecutors say she was about to report him for insurance fraud. He is charged with first-degree murder and evidence tampering.
Updates: KRQE News 13 Reporter Alex Goldsmith @alexg_reporter is at the courthouse and is staying updated on the Levi Chavez trial.
- #LeviChavez still hugging family inside the courtroom. 4:37 p.m.
- #LeviChavez acquitted on both counts
- Jury finds #LeviChavez not guilty of first degree murder. 4:33 p.m.
- #LeviChavez holding rosary beads in his hands behind his back, standing.
- Judge on the bench.. giving instructions on how we should exit based on ‘tension’ #LeviChavez
- Judge Eichwald announces that there is a verdict in this case. “You can cut the tension with a knife in here.” #LeviChavez
- Judge Eichwald is now in the courtroom. #LeviChavez
- packed house as we await the verdict #LeviChavez
- #LeviChavez ‘s attorney David Serna with a smile on his face as he sits down.
- #LeviChavez is in the courthouse with his family.
- Courtroom security has increased significantly in the last few minutes. #LeviChavez
- Prosecutors and Tera’s family are arriving now. #LeviChavez
- Hearing a verdict has been reached in the#LeviChavez trial. It will be announced in approximately one hour.
- Day two of #LeviChavez verdict watch is underway. Windows into courtroom are still blacked out.