The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | July 15, 2013July 15th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Here are the five things you need to know before you go on this Monday morning..
5) You’ll probably see more protests today about a jury finding George Zimmerman…not guilty of second degree murder…for shooting and killing Trayvon Martin last year. The protests are popping up all across the country…even here in Albuquerque.
4) In just a few hours a jury will begin deliberating if a former APD cop is guilty of shooting and killing his wife. This starts the 6th week of Levi Chavez’s first degree murder trial…we’ll be in court today…and let you know what happens.
3) Good news…The Bosque in Albuquerque will probably re-open sometime this week…we’ll find out exactly when later today. All the rain we’ve gotten has really helped dampen the fire danger.
2) Be careful on your way out this morning…there are a lot of soaked streets..and even standing water…thanks to the storms we got last night. It looks like the Westside was the hardest hit area. Plus…a few hundred people are waking up without power…PNM says that should be fixed soon.
1) More storms on the way…Today more showers and thunderstorms are likely. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. East wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. The chance of precipitation is 70%.
Tonight will have scattered showers and thunderstorms. It’ll be mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. East wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. The chance of precipitation is 30%.