5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | July 12, 2013July 12th, 2013 at 6:15 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. You better fill up that gas tank today because prices at the pump look like they’re going up yet again. Oil analysts say they could be up $0.25 to $0.30 by the end of this month thanks to fighting in Egypt, Syria and more.
4. This morning is your final chance to say goodbye to former governor David Cargo. His funeral will be at 10 a.m. this morning at the Saint Francis Basilica then he’ll be buried at the Santa Fe National Cemetery. “Lonesome Dave”, as he was often called, died last week. He was 84 years old.
3. A court case from Florida that’s gotten national attention for more than a year is set to go to a jury today. Yesterday a judge near Orlando decided the jury has the option of convicting George Zimmeran of manslaughter or second degree murder. He says he killed an unarmed teenager, Trayvon Martin, out of self-defense.
2. Back here in New Mexico we’re all watching the Levi Chavez murder trial where he’s accused of killing his wife, Tera. Closing arguments start in just a couple hours and the jury should get the case this afternoon. You can watch it all streaming live here at KRQE.com.
1. There could be more storms today and into the weekend. Today there is a 20% chance for isolated showers and thunderstorms. It will also be mostly sunny, with a high near 93. Tonight the chance of precipitation goes up to 30% with scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly before midnight. It will partly cloudy, with a low around 68.